- We act as a voice and advocate for the library to the community, the Rockwall County Commissioner’s Court, the Library Advisory Board and other governmental entities.
- We encourage and support life-long learning and literacy initiatives for people of all ages.
- We create additional resources for the library, as a 501 (c) (3) organization, by raising money, securing grants, and increasing community support and awareness of the library.
- We serve in a variety of volunteer opportunities at the library and within Friends.
Friends’ Recent Accomplishments
During 2015-2016, Friends donated over $36,500 to the Rockwall County Library:
- Donated $8,565 to the Literacy Center to purchase materials used in basic literacy, ESL, GED and Citizenship classes for approximately 300 adult students.
- Released $6523 in capital funds for purchase of room dividers, fax/copier, color printer, and color scanner.
- Donated $21,260 to the library for special programs for children, adults and teens, in addition to MS Office classes and an author presentation. Also donated $233 for newspaper subscriptions.
- An additional 2 projects were commissioned to be completed in 2016: tables for the Literacy Center and digital conversion of newspaper microfilm.